1/31/09

Drink to Your Health in Brooklyn!

Back to the Land truly lives up to the name. This natural foods grocery store sits right in the heart of Park Slope at 142-7th Avenue. Although it is not a small store, as it actually takes up the space of three stores in a row, there is a uniquely warm atmosphere upon entering this establishment. It gives me a "do the right thing" feeling which I think we all need now and then when we are grocery shopping and tend to stock up on way too many of the processed items.

Back to the Land has the finest quality fresh, natural, organic and whole foods. They also offer nutritional products, body care products and health information in a comfortable and clean environment. I know when this information-seeking patron is asking dozens of questions on herbs and supplements, the helpers are welcoming and seem to know their thing. So for those who are health-oriented, and we should ALL be so, this establishment is truly the yellow brick road to a better mind, body and spirit.

Now as to my magic find. Here goes.. organic juice smoothies! After I purchase everything that I need, I like to treat myself to their health bar which is stationed at the front of the store. The bar offers smoothies and fresh organic juices that truly allow one to enjoy a wholesome and crisp quality when drinking this cup of nature. All natural, no pesticides and a tremendous boost. My favorites are the citrus juices but you can pick from a variety of fruits to be juiced out on the machine and presto! An instant drink to your health! The best part is that there is no guilt factor involved. That bonus really wins my favor. A bit pricey, but I am still proud of myself as I drive away with my organic juice-smoothie-cocktail in my car cup holder. It especially feels good as I pass Starbucks down the block which houses my fattening mocha cappuccino with heavy syrup and triple spoons of sugar.

So next time you are in the Park Slope section of Brooklyn, stop by Back to the Land, for the real drinking thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment